Saturday, January 3, 2009

Classic No-bake ("On Top of the Stove") Cookies


These are delicious and easy cookies that both my husband and I grew up loving.  This was one of the first recipes I helped cook, and the first recipe I cooked all by myself. It brings back good memories of cooking with my mom and dad in the kitchen.  I have pictures of me helping my mom make these when I was young, and I am passing on the tradition. I am not sure where mine is, but here's one of my husband and daughter as we were making some together.


I am not sure if it is the taste of these great cookies, or the countless memories that they bring with them that I enjoy the most!

Classic No-Bake Cookies
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 Tbs. Cocoa powder (I usually add a little more...but I could be considered a chocoholic)
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 c. oats

In large sauce pan, mix and bring to boil: sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter. Stirring occasionally. Boil 1- 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla, peanut butter and oats. Mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoon fulls on wax paper or on lightly greased pan. Cool.

Note: You have to work fast once you have taken the pan off the heat, because the mix will start to dry and harden. Also, I like to add a little something extra such as coconut and or raisins to add some variety. YUM!

As I was trying to take pictures, Heather attacked the cookies.

Yep, it was good!

Linked to: http://utry.it/2011/03/culinary-smackdown-battlecookies.html

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for participating the Smackdown Battle. Best of luck to you. These no bake cookies look delicious. Wonderful choice to submit these cookies for the contest.

    If you haven't done so, please sign up as a follower on my blog so you won't miss out on the winner announcement and new posts. Have a wonderful day!

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete