Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pasta with Cream Sauce

We like this dish because it is fast and yummy! It could be used for a side or as the main dish.

Pasta with Cream Sauce
1pk (12-16oz) bow tie pasta
1 sm. red onion, chopped
4 lg. garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbs. olive oil
3/4 c. chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh basil (I used dried, but it is always better fresh!)
1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh oregano (again, I used dried)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 c. heavy whipping cream

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cook until reduced by about half. Stir in cream. Cook, uncovered, 8-10 mins until sauce is reduced to about 1 1/2 cups.

Drain pasta, toss with sauce.

Yum! I sometimes add veggies and mix it all together. Also, I like mine to be a little spicy, so I put red pepper flakes either on my own plate or in the sauce. We also like to sprinkle Parmesan cheese over it.

Source: Taste of Home Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment