Friday, December 31, 2010

Lemon Crumb Muffins


I made these to use up some extra lemon I had. These are great! I got the recipe from the Taste of Home magazine from the May 2008 issue. The original recipe makes 4 batches of muffins. I didn't want that many muffins so I halved it. It also calls for a glaze, but I didn't think they needed a glaze or they would have to be a dessert and not a sweet breakfast food. :)

Lemon Crumb Muffins

3 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 c. melted butter
1 1/2 Tbs. grated lemon peel
1 Tbs. lemon juice

Streusel (this is not halved, and I used all of it):
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. cold butter

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, butter, lemon peel and juice.  Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened. Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 mins before removing from pans to wire racks. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...SUPER delicious! I made them this morning, and I am happy with the outcome. :)

    ReplyDelete