Thursday, December 2, 2010

Black Bean 'n' Pumpkin Chili

This year I made my own pumpkin puree. We have lots and lots of pumpkin in our freezer and this was a great way to use it up!

Black Bean 'n' Pumpkin Chili
1 med. onion, chopped
1 med. yellow pepper (I used green)
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbs. olive oil
3 c. chicken broth
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained (I used beans that I had cook previously)
2 1/2 c. cubed cooked turkey ( I added extra beans and didn't add meat)
1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin (Or 2 cups of your own)
1 can diced tomatoes
2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt

In a large skillet, saute the onion, yellow pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Transfer to a 5 qt. slow cooker, stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through.

Source: Adapted from Taste of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment