Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oriental Cabbage Salad

Like I have mentioned earlier, we are trying to eat less meat, and this is one salad that I love! I love the crunchiness of the cabbage, paired with the sweetness of the fruit, and the spiciness of the dressing.  If you want, you can add chicken to the mix. I have tried several dressings to go over it, but this one I came up with, and I like it the best...duh! :) Once again...sorry no picture.

Oriental Cabbage Salad

1/2 large head of cabbage
craisins, to taste
mandarine oranges, to taste
nuts, to taste
1 pkg. ramen noodles, crushed
green onions, chopped, and to taste

Dressing:

1/4 c. oil
2 1/2 Tbs. Rice Vinegar
1 Tbs. soy sauce
1 Tbs. sugar
ramen seasoning packet
dash of salt
cayenne pepper, to taste
fresh grated ginger, to taste

Mix the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. In a smaller container mix the dressing ingredients together. Pour the dressing over the salad, mix well. Serve!

1 comment:

  1. I love salads like that too! Have you ever tried the Asian slaw on my blog? It is my absolute fave. I ate it all summer last year and never got tired of it. I also started eating it with the ginger lime salad dressing which I posted separately-that dressing is to die for as well1. Try them both if you haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete