Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Key Lime Pie Oatmeal

I need some inspiration for oatmeal, I get bored real quick with just plain old oatmeal, so when I saw this on Super Healthy Kids, I just had to try it. It was great! The whole family loved it, and we will have it again soon. 

Also, I am really sorry about the lack of photos lately. I would blame it on the kids, or something like that, but really it's just because I am either one of two things lately (when it come to food photography). 1) forgetful (I often forget about the picture, until I am half way through the dish), or 2) just plain lazy.

Key Lime Pie Oatmeal

1 c. quick oats
1c. milk (or coconut milk)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. lime juice
1-2 tsp. honey (or other sweetener)

Combine all ingredients in a large microwave safe bowl. Cook on high for 1 min. Stir. Cook for one more minute. For toppings add: crushed graham crackers, coconut, lime zest, and nuts.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, I just found a smoothie recipe that is very similar to this oatmeal, minus the oatmeal. Coconut and lime is a great combination!

    ReplyDelete