Friday, May 13, 2011

Flan

For Cinco de Mayo we had Cafe Rio Chicken Salad, Mango pico de gallo, and flan. Doesn't sound like much, but it was A LOT of work. I didn't feel like cooking for a week after that.

Flan
1 c. sugar
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (15 oz) can evaporated milk
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350. In med. saucepan melt sugar until light brown and syrupy. Pour into 9in round baking pan. Set aside. Beat eggs, and milks until smooth. Pour into pan. Cover with tin foil and bake for 60 mins. Let cool completely, tip over on a serving platter, and serve.

It was really good, and turned out better than I thought it would. It was WAY sweet though. After I had already made it, I had two suggestions to not use the sugar, and use dulce de leche in it's place. I am sure that would have been great as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment