Friday, December 30, 2011

Ham and Bean Soup

I finally wrote down and measured everything I do for this ham and bean soup so I don't forget the recipe! It is SO good. I made it for the full-time missionaries from my church, and they said it was one of the best soups they have had. Which, to me, is a compliment because there are a lot of good cooks in my church.

Ham and Bean Soup 1 lb. white beans, rinsed and soaked overnight
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 ham hock
2 c. frozen corn
2 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. parsley
1 tsp. garlic powder
6 c. chicken broth
2 tsp. chili powder (or to taste)
4 dashes Tabasco sauce

Throw it all in the crock pot, and cook on low for 6 hours. About 30 mins. before serving, take the ham hock out and let cool a little. Separate the meat from the bone. Throw out the bone, and put in the meat. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment