Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tossed Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette

I know the photo looks gross, but this salad was delicious! I forgot to take the picture the day we had it, so I took it of my leftovers (I had it for lunch, and it was still good...albeit a little soggy. I fixed that problem by adding more croutons.) I love having a nice light salad, on a hot summers day. We all liked it, and will definitely be adding this to our salad repertoire (is that the right word?). This recipe makes a lot, so I did about a third of it.

Tossed Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette 

1 bunch romaine, torn
1 med head iceberg lettuce, torn
10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
1 c. slivered almonds
1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 c. salad croutons

Vinaigrette:

3 Tbs. lemon juice (I used more)
3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2/3 c. olive oil (I used less)

No comments:

Post a Comment