Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Creamy Strawberry and (leftover) Cream Cheese Frosting Ice Cream


Do you ever have cream cheese frosting leftover? I did recently. I had a bunch of frosting leftover from the cake I made for our anniversary. I didn't really know what to do with it. (I could have always made another cake...but I didn't think that was a good idea.)We are having a bunch of friends over tonight, and what is better than ice cream on a hot summer night? Nothing. So, I thought I would use the frosting in the ice cream. After looking at several recipes, and not finding one that would work,  (You see, none called for leftover frosting.) I tried my hand at making my own (awesome) recipe. So here goes...

Creamy Strawberry and (leftover) Cream Cheese Frosting Ice Cream

1/2 recipe of cream cheese frosting
1/2 lb. strawberries, hulled and cut in half
1 c. milk
2 c. heavy cream (you could do less, it would probably just take longer to mix...and not be as creamy)
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt

In a blender, combine strawberries and 1/2  milk. Blend to desired consistency. (I like mine a little chunky.) Set aside. In medium sized bowl (I actually just use the container I will be storing the ice cream in...saves dishes, and I'm all about saving dishes...ask Daniel), combine frosting with leftover milk until smooth. Add strawberries, vanilla, and salt, stir until smooth. Stir in cream. Freeze according to manufacturers directions.

Go ahead...indulge yourself!


1 comment:

  1. About how much frosting would you say a 1/2 recipe is?

    ReplyDelete