Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Broccoli Cauliflower Bake

No deception needed, this was delicious! Heather had several servings, and enjoyed it for lunch too! We all loved this recipe, and I will be making it again soon. I thought just the broccoli and cauliflower would not be as substantial as I would like for dinner, so I made some rice to go with it. Yum!

Oh, and once again, sorry about the gross looking photo. What you see pictured there, is the leftovers. I promise it is much better than it looks in the photo. Someday I'll get my act together...

Broccoli Cauliflower Bake

4 c. broccoli florets
3 c. cauliflower florets
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 Tbs. butter
1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
3 oz American cheese, torn
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. dried basil, thyme, or marjoram, crushed
3/4 c. bread crumbs
1 Tbs. butter, melted

In large saucepan cook broccoli and cauliflower (you can use the frozen broccoli/cauliflower mix). Drain Well. Remove from saucepan and set aside. In the same saucepan cook onion in 1 Tbs butter. Stir in soup, cheese, milk, and basil. Cook and stir over med. heat until cheese is melted. Add the broccoli and cauliflower. Stir, and transfer mixture to a 13x9 pan. Toss bread crumbs with melted butter, sprinkle over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, in a 375° oven for 20 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment