Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sweet Potato Biscuits

 I'd be dishonest if I said that I made these. Actually, my husband has made them twice, and they have been great! He is the biscuit maker in the family, and has it down to an art. I can't say I mind that one bit. :)


Sweet Potato Biscuits

2 3/4 c. flour
4 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
2 c. cooked, mashed sweet potatoes (you can use pumpkin as well)
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
1 t. vanilla

Preheat oven to 450°F. In medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In a separate mixing bowl combine sweet potatoes, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla. Combine wet mixture with dry ingredients. You can either do it the easy way and make drop biscuits, or you can kneed it 4-5 times, roll out, and cut with a biscuit cutter. Bake at 450 for 12 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment