Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mango Coconut Ice cream

We had a mango and some cream that needed used. I thought of the perfect way to use them both: why not make ice cream (I know...we eat a lot of it! Daniel got me the ice cream maker for Christmas, and it has been my new favorite toy ever since.) What you see pictured here, is more coconut mango ice cream. I would have preferred to have two mangoes instead of one. But this is what it's made of:


Mango Coconut Ice Cream


2 tsp. lime juice
2 large mangoes, cubed
13 oz. can coconut milk
1/2 c. sugar
pinch salt
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. heavy cream

Put all but the vanilla and heavy cream in a blender, and blend until smooth. Add the vanilla and heavy cream and stir. Cool for about an hour. Follow the manufactures directions for freezing. Freeze the leftovers in the freezer. You will need to set it out to soften for about 15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment