Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Summer dress


I haven't really been making any amazing food lately (That doesn't mean the food I have been making isn't, I just haven't made anything new), BUT I did make Heather B. a summer dress from an old button down shirt. She's been going through a dress phase lately, so I thought I'd give it a go. Here's the end product. I can't really give credit to anyone. I looked at several blogs, got lots of ideas and sort of made it up as I went along. It's not perfect, but as my grandma says: "It'll never be noticed on a galloping horse." :) Heather loves it, and it makes it special because it was made out of Daddy's old shirt. I also made the leggings out of one of my old T-shirts. I feel so domestic. :D

The dress can do anything a little girl can. It's good for: 

Dressing up


Counting

Twirling

And Climbing

Yup! It's Heather (and mommy) approved. The best part is: it was free!

PS. For the story of her black eye check out our family blog. http://bookofstandage.blogspot.com

Mmm. I love her so much.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute Stephanie! I am super impressed! You are definitely inspiring me to get creative:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable dress! I love that you made it out of an old dress shirt. Great quote by your grandma too.

    ReplyDelete