Monday, April 11, 2011

Pizza Margherita


This was delicious! Traditionally, the green in the pizza is supposed to be fresh basil, but I didn't have any so I used spinach instead. It worked perfectly. Here is what I did:

1Tbs. Olive oil
2 large tomatoes, chopped
+/- 1/2 c. spinach, julienned
1 large clove garlic
2 (ish) Tbs. onion
Dried basil, to taste
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Cheese of your choice(I used mozzerella and cheddar because that's what we had, and we didn't have much of either so I had to use both)
Parmesan cheese
Your favorite pizza dough enough for one pizza (I used my favorite universal bread dough recipe)

Prepare your pizza dough. Combine all ingredients except cheese and in a bowl. Put cheese (not Parmesan) on the pizza dough, then add the tomato mixture. Top with Parmesan. Bake according to pizza dough recipe instructions. Usually 450°F for about 15 mins.

I was worried that the pizza would be a little dry because there was no sauce, but it was perfect! It was like a fresh, savory salad on a pizza...I can't say enough good about it. You better try it! We will be making this one often. :)

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie, this pizza looks wonderful. I love the addition of the spinach.

    ReplyDelete