Monday, February 7, 2011

Tex-Mex Tortilla Soup

This was delicious! It's like enchiladas in a soup. We loved it! It is super quick and easy...always a plus. I got this recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. I did change a couple of things. We didn't have as much chicken as it called for, so I added a whole green pepper,  and more corn than it called for. Also, I am not much of an onion person so i only did half a medium onion, instead of a whole one. I also added a bit more cumin and pepper. We garnished with cilantro and it was amazing! Sorry, no pic today.

Tex-Mex Tortilla Soup
1 to 1 1/2 lbs. chicken
3 cans (14oz) chicken broth (I used bouillon cubes)
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 med onion chopped
1/4 c. sweet green pepper
1-2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 c. frozen corn
Tortilla chips
Cheese

Possible Garnishes: avocado, cilantro, jalapeño, lime wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment