Monday, February 21, 2011

Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

This was the second part of our Valentines Day Dessert...are you noticing a theme? Yeah, we like peanut butter and chocolate. I got this from my Taste of Home Cookbook. They are great brownies, but I think they are a little cakey for my taste...that's just me though.

Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
1/2 c. butter, softened
2/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 Tbs. milk
3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1/4 c. peanut butter chips
1/3 c. baking cocoa
1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and milk. Mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide batter in half. To one portion, add peanut butter and peanut butter chips, mix well. To the other portion, add the cocoa and chocolate chips, mix well.
In a greased 9" square baking pan, spoon chocolate batter in 8 mounds in a checkerboard pattern. Spoon seven mounds of peanut butter batter between the chocolate batter. Cut through batters with a knife to swirl.
Bake at 350° for 25-30 mins, or until toothpick comes clean. Cool on wire rack.

This recipe is linked to Sweet as Sugar Cookies Sweets For a Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, this really sounds good. Peanut butter and chocolate combos are the best. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your brownies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, your brownies looks delicious. How creative to add peanut butter chips in there. I'm sure my kids would love these.

    I'm hosting the Culinary Smackdown Battle for March--the theme is Cookies. Would you like to join in for the fun? It doesn' have to be a new post on your blog. You can pick your favorite cookie from your previous post too. All you have to do is link up your cookie creation. I have some great prizes waiting. Hope to see your entry soon!

    Amy
    http://utry.it/2011/03/culinary-smackdown-battlecookies.html

    ReplyDelete