Saturday, January 29, 2011

Orange Dark Chocolate Pancakes

Wow! That's all I can say. I loved these pancakes! I found them at Baking Serendipity. My favorite part is that they are whole wheat and healthy, but you would never know because they taste SO good. Not that "healthy" doesn't taste good. :)


Orange Dark Chocolate Pancakes

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup milk
zest 1 medium sized orange
1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. In a separate bowl, beat egg, orange juice and milk. Add to dry ingredients and mix to incorporate. Fold in orange zest and dark chocolate. 


Spoon batter onto a hot, greased griddle or large skillet. Flip when the edges begin to dry, cooking evenly on both sides. Serve with maple syrup.

Note: I found that the batter was a little thick. I thinned it with some water until it looked like the right consistency. But if it happens again, I am going to use orange juice...I was lazy, my family was hungry, and I didn't want to juice another orange. The end result was great (even though I used water), but I think it would have been even better if I added more orange instead.

1 comment:

  1. I love that flavor combination! I just saw those the other day on her blog too. They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete