Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mint Chocolate Delights


I was in the mood to bake this evening. I bought some of Nestle's Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels during the Holidays with the intention to make something yummy. I never did. So I thought I would use them today. I got the recipe from the back of the bag. They are delicious!

2 c. flour
2/3 c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. butter
2/3 c. sugar
2/3 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 2/3 c. Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels (I am pretty sure these were a seasonal thing, but I am sure there are mint chips available at any time of year. You could just do half mint and half semi-sweet.)

Preheat oven to 325*F. Combine flour, cocoa, soda, and salt in a small bowl.  In a large bowl beat butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by well-rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets. Bake 11-13 mins. or until cookies are puffed and centers are set. Cool for 2 mins on pan, and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment