Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ham and Bean Soup

I am putting this on here because of a request from my mom. We love ham beans here, and it's so easy and simple to make I've never really thought about putting it on the blog. But...just for you mom!

Ham and Bean Soup

6 c. water
5 c. dried navy beans, soaked overnight and drained (if you forget to soak them over night, put them in a pot boil for 10 mins and leave it to sit for an hour.)
1 ham bone, or 1lb of ham
2 c.  frozen corn
1 large jalapeño, chopped (you can remove the seeds and the membrane, but I am lazy and like it more spicy so I don't.)
1 onion, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste

Place all ingredients in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until beans are tender. Sometime during the last hour take the ham bone out and let it cool. Trim the ham off the bone and put the ham back in the pot. Toss the bone. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment