Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream

I have been wanting to try this recipe that I found on my sister-in-law's blog for FOREVER! We tried it recently, and it was dreamy. I am really loving my new ice cream maker, and cant wait for summer when I have more of an excuse to make it. ;)

Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream
 
1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
1 cup coconut milk
3 cup heavy cream
1/2-1 cup flaked coconut

Stir together the cocoa powder and sugars. Add the milk and whisk until the cocoa and sugars dissolve, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream, coconut milk and flaked coconut and whisk until incorporated. If not freezing immediately, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

Pour into ice cream maker and mix until the ice cream has a soft creamy texture. Top with additional coconut flakes and chopped almonds, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment