Friday, May 29, 2009

Grandma's Caramel Popcorn

This recipe is from Daniel's Grandma, Theora. I saw it on Juli's blog, and had to try it. Plus, I was looking for a yummy snack for a party. It is almost as good as I remember it (I don't know if anyone can make it like she does). Thank you Juli!



Grandma's Carmel Popcorn
8 quarts popped popcorn (about 1 cup unpopped corn)
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 1/2 cups corn syrup
1 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1 t vanilla

Pop popcorn. Sift through and discard any unpopped kernels. Bring brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add soda and vanilla. Pour mixture over popcorn and stir. Bake in oven 1 hour at 250. (My grandma told me that she uses the biggest disposable foil pans that she can find to bake the popcorn in. I found some big ones at the dollar store that worked well.) Take out of oven every 15 min and stir. Separate as soon as you can and store in a large Tupperware.

No comments:

Post a Comment