Monday, March 5, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Mmmm, mmm, I love me some nice hot oatmeal on a cold morning. One of my favorites is pumpkin pie oatmeal.

I'll be honest and say I didn't write down exact proportions, but here's the list of ingredients. In the parenthesis next to the ingredients are my guesses to measurements for a family of four. Portion sizes, family sizes, and personal preferences are different. That's why I am just doing a list.

Oatmeal (1 1/2 c.)
Pumpkin puree (either from a can or homemade) (1/2 - 3/4 c.)
Cinnamon (1 1/2 tsp.)
Nutmeg (1/2 tsp)
Water or Milk (3 c.)
Nuts (4 Tbs.)
Maple syrup, to taste
Whipped cream, a dollop  (optional)

The technique: cook desired amount of oats in milk or water. Add pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Serve with nuts, maple syrup, and whipped cream.

Go ahead, experiment and figured out what you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment