Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Salt and Vinegar Chips



I got this recipe from Elly Says Opa. These were great! I think they could have used a little more vinegar though.

Serves 4
Marth Stewart

1 lb. potatoes, cut into 1/4″ slices
2 cups white vinegar (or enough to cover potatoes)
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
coarse salt and pepper

Make sure vinegar covers potatoes in a medium saucepan, and then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until just fork tender, about 5 minutes. Let potatoes cool in the vinegar for 30 minutes. Drain well.

Preheat the broiler. Toss the potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. and place in one layer on a broiler-safe pan. Broil until crispy and browned on top, just a few minutes, rotating the pan if necessary. Sprinkle with additional coarse salt before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, Ben loves S&V chips! I'll have to make them. I'm still trying to get rid of the box of potatoes mom brought us back from Idaho, this will give us one more thing to use them for. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. My Ben love S&V chips too. And I am still going through my box of potatoes! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete